I’ve always been an avid reader and changed from writing prose to screenplays when I moved to L.A. It took me about seven years before the screenwriting classes, lectures, and books all blended in my brain to produce a really great screenplay. I continue to learn and practice the craft everyday. I take this moment to apologize to those of you who were kind enough to read my first screenplays and assure you all I have been similarly tortured by other beginning writers. 🙂
Sometimes, I’m not sure where I am or where I’m going but I know that right now, my heart’s in Minnesota, my body in Los Angeles, and my mind in New York City. My home could be anywhere, I could be anyone, but right now I’m here and I like who I am. But ask me tomorrow.
INFORMAL EDUCATION ON THE BUSINESS OF SCREENWRITING
- Working at a major studio in jobs from mailroom to studio operations.
- Having my best friend in LA work as the Executive Assistant to the President of Film Development, then following him to start his own Production Company.
- Working as an Assistant Production Coordinator on Killer Movie.
- Working as a Casting Assistant on multiple shorts and indies.
- Working as a background performer for TV and Film through Central Casting.
- Learning from screenwriter’s stories on twitter, podcasts, and life.
MISCELLANEOUS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Internship as a playwright’s assistant at an Off-Broadway Theatre in NYC